Lyon is among the best metropolitan areas in France that you must visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historic and social heritage. Some of its buildings and galleries have been indexed by world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during 12th and the 13th century. The oldest parts of the church have now been closed for prayers and are kept for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theatre in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the English type of architecture. The actual park was built during the 19th century and is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks of France. It is a good way for family excursions and other recreational activities. The main highlights of the recreation area include a big greenhouse, botanical garden along with a rose backyard. Recently African Plains have also been additional where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and was later reopened in 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances as well as dance shows. The glass ceiling from the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is an additional fascinating attraction. The aquarium tank is located on the outskirts from the city and has a bit of entertainment for almost everybody. There are a number of varieties of fish and other marine life varieties have been stored here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This theater has been dedicated to dancing where you can discover various type of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the identical building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is one of the largest retail center in France. The actual mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to see and discover bons plans à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and you can take either TGV train or bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest town and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Roman empire and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva that is just 170 km away. It is located in East associated with France between two rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the 30 days of September and Oct.